We posted a math problem this past weekend on the official Do You Remember? Facebook page, which sparked an uproar of comments and many different answers. The 8th math problem is: 50 + 50 – 25 x 0 + 2 + 2 = ?. After a bit of research from many certified math teachers, we have the correct answer and the process to support it. Here you go, 50+50-25×0+2+2 = 104. Once again the answer for the tricky 8th-grade math problem is 104.
How To Solve The Problem
This most helpful tool for finding the answer of 104 is by using PEMDAS. Ring a bell? You probably learned it in grade school mathematics! PEMDAS is also known as the order of operations, otherwise known as, the order in which you calculate a mathematical problem. The photo below gives you a clear idea of how PEMDAS works to find solutions!
PEMDAS = Parenthesis, exponents, multiplication, division, addition, subtraction
There were several answers ranging from 79 to 4. A great try to everyone out there who participated in the tricky mathematical problem (even I couldn’t do it in my head)! Here, we’ll explain the math problem using PEMDAS and explain how we come out with the answer, 104, as provided to us by professionals.
1. You first do what’s in the parentheses (in this situation, there are none)
2. Second, exponents (again, there are none)
3. Third, any multiplication or division (whichever comes first) from left to right (-25 x 0 =0)
4. You now have 50+50-0+2+2
5. Fourth, you do addition and subtraction from left to right, 50+50 = 100
6. Now you have 100-0+2+2
7. This gives you the correct answer of 104
View more information: https://doyouremember.com/93569/hard-8th-grade-math-problem